A will lets you choose what happens to your money, property, and possessions after death. If you make a will you also be sure you do not pay more Inheritance Tax than you need to.
Our wills solicitors will take time to understand your specific circumstances, family situation, business, and financial arrangements in order to provide tailored solutions for all your will and estate planning needs.
Why You Should Make a Will?
Making a will is very straightforward and necessary to give you peace of mind. It does not matter if you are old or young – it is a better decision to safeguard your wealth in the event of any mishappening. Without a will, there can be a lot of trouble as there are strict laws dictating what will happen to your wealth; your family could be forced to sell your home/assets or it could pass into the hands of a distant relative instead of the people who are really important to you. Before we advise you anything, we have to listen to you carefully so that we understand exactly what your intentions are.
In your will, you can clearly express your wishes regarding:
- Your choice of executor;
- Who should act as a legal guardian for your children and how you will provide for dependants;
- How you would like your funeral to be conducted;
- Whether you want to donate your organs or leave your body to science;
- Mitigation of Inheritance Tax;
- Stating who you wish to receive the various parts of your wealth like your house, money, valuable and sentimental items.